To be able to prevent Arthritis, first you must know what Arthritis is and some of the ways it is caused. Arthritis comes in many forms. One of the most common forms is Osteoporosis, which is caused from the cartilage in your joints (the area where your bones connect and what allows you to move) breaking down until it no longer protects the bones forming your joint, and your bones begin to rub together causing pain in the joints, along with heat, pressure, and inflammation. The other more common type of Arthritis is Rheumatoid Arthritis, which is caused from a deformity in the joint, which sadly is one of the forms of Arthritis that has no cure that has been discovered. There are over one-hundred different types of Arthritis, but those two types are the most common.
There are a few ways to help prevent Arthritis.
- Weight- Scientists have found that more people that are obese seem to get Arthritis then non- obese people. Reducing weight can help prevent Arthritis in the spine and knees. This can be done by maintaining a healthy diet and exercising at least twenty minutes a day.
- Vitamins- Getting your daily vitamins helps prevent the breakdown of cartilage. This includes eating foods rich in vitamins A, C, D, and E. Carbohydrates also help prevent your cartilage from breaking down.
- Sun- Scientist believes that standing in sunlight gives your body vitamin D and helps in bone formation. Just be sure to wear some sunscreen to avoid getting sunburn, as sunburns will not help your cartilage.
- Exercises- There is some exercises that help prevent Arthritis. Lifting weights and doing push-ups have proven to help with Arthritis because it strengthens certain muscles near the joints.
- Flexibility- There is some exercises you can do to improve your flexibility, which is another thing that helps prevent Arthritis. You can try Pilates, Yoga, and Tai Chi. Stretching daily will stretch out your muscles and put less stress on your joints.
- No implants- As swell as implants may sound to some women who are small-breasted; it increases your chance for Arthritis. This is because this operation causes your antibodies to attack your collagen. Not only that, but larger breasts gives females an unnatural weight, which puts more pressure on the joints.
I hope this helps you from receiving Arthritis. These methods only help to prevent, they do not completely get rid of your risk of receiving Arthritis. If you feel that you already have Arthritis, you should see your doctor.